1. What is the difference between descriptive and normative knowledge? Explain why it might be important to keep these two types of knowledge distinct.
2. What is the precise relationship between consequentialism and utilitarianism? Likewise, what is the relationship between deontology and Kantianism? Explain thoroughly.
3. What two major ideas (or ‘theses’) do all legal positivists accept as true? Explain what each of these ideas are.
4. What do natural law theorists mean when they say ‘an unjust law is no law’? How is this different from a legal positivist view? Explain.
5. What is social contract theory? What are social contract theorists trying to explain, and how do they generally go about doing so? (Note: you don’t need to delve into the specifics of each unique version of social contract theory. Instead, focus on what all social contract theories generally have in common.)
The post What is the difference between descriptive and normative knowledge? Explain why it might be important to keep these two types of knowledge distinct. appeared first on Essay Hotline.