The use of teams has increased in our organizational settings. As a leader, part of your job is to increase team effectiveness and lead teams through change to increase effectiveness. This may sound simple, but the process of achieving positive team change is challenging. As a leader, your perspective on how the team operates has an affect on the change dynamic.
With this in mind discuss the following:
– Imagine that you are one of a team of five General Practitioners (GP) working at a local practice. You want to initiate some changes in the way the team approaches non-traditional medical approaches such as counseling, homeopathy, nutrition, and osteopathy.
– The GPs meet monthly for one hour to discuss finances and review medical updates. They do not really know each other well or work together on patient care.
– There is no real team leader, although the Practice Manager takes the lead when the group discusses administration.
– Use the Tuckman Model of Team change to explain how you could lead the team towards a new way of working together.
– What obstacles to progress do you predict and how might you overcome them?
The post Use the Tuckman Model of Team change to explain how you could lead the team towards a new way of working together. appeared first on Essay Hotline.