MBA404 Consumer Behaviour
& Marketing Psychology Assessment 3 Webinar
COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA
Copyright Regulations 1969
This material has been reproduced and communicated to you by or on behalf of Kaplan Higher Education pursuant to Part VB of the Copyright Act 1968 (the Act).
The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act.
Do not remove this notice
Assessment 3 Overview
LO3: Criticise, and synthesise differing approaches to the explanation of consumers’ behaviour towards products and marketing communications.
LO4: Demonstrate an understanding of and be able to explain the strategic marketing issues relating to consumer behaviour.
LO5: Research and report on contemporary consumer behaviour such as attitudes,
group influences, culture, social class, consumer learning processes, organisational and personal buying decision making.
What is due in Week 11?
Saturday 3 October 2020 09:00 AM (AEST)
To start preparing this final piece of assessment, you are first required to conduct extensive online research to find examples of the recent integrated marketing campaign of your chosen product/service. You may wish to use information that you have gathered in the second step of the consumer decision-making process that you have prepared earlier in your video submission.
By the end of week 11, you are required to submit a two-page document that contains screenshots of the integrated marketing campaign to your workshop facilitator via MyKBS, under ‘assessments tab’ ‘Integrated Marketing Campaign Validation’ icon.
This validation step is worth 5% of your grade for this assessment, and you will not be able to submit the recommendations report until your workshop facilitator has validated your research, so be wise and don’t be late.
What is Integrated Marketing Campaign?
• is an approach to creating a unified and seamless experience for consumers to interact with the brand/enterprise;
• it attempts to meld all aspects of marketing communication such as advertising, sales promotion, public relations, direct marketing, and social media, through their respective mix of tactics, methods, channels, media, and activities, so that all work together as a unified force.
It is a process designed to ensure that all messaging and communications strategies are consistent across all channels and are cantered on the customer.
But what about 4Ps?
Integrated Marketing Campaign Example: LEGO Harry Potter Example
What is due in Week 13?
Monday 12 October 2020 at 23:55 (AEST)
Your final task is to imagine that you have just been employed by the company of your chosen product or service that you analysed in your earlier assessments and that the marketing department of this company has asked you to prepare a 1500 – word report in which you must:
1. Write a concise one-page executive summary that covers all of the significant findings of your report (not included in the word limit of this submission).
2. Critically examine the company’s current integrated marketing campaign by considering how it targets consumers’ attitudes, culture, family and lifestyle influences, group and individual differences, social class, consumer learning processes, and personal buying decision-making processes. Please note that not all of these topics may apply to your chosen product or service (500 words).
Defining Key Tasks
• Examine – inspect (someone or something) thoroughly in order to determine their nature or condition.
• Critically examine – give your verdict of the extent to which a statement or findings within a piece of research are true.
The Task Cont.
3. Critically analyse whether or not the integrated marketing campaign demonstrates a strong alignment to your findings in assessment 1 and 2 (500 words).
4. Provide at least three strategic recommendations that either address previously identified misalignment OR proposed ways in which identified alignment can be strengthened. Please incorporate recent peer-reviewed literature to justify your proposed recommendations (500 words). Your recommendations should not include manufacturing or operational improvements.
5. Reference List (mandatory and it is not included in the word count).
Defining Key Tasks Cont.
• is subjective writing because it expresses the writer’s opinion or evaluation of a text.
Defining Key Tasks Cont.
• Strategic – relating to the identification of long-term or overall aims and interests and the means of achieving them.
• Recommendation – a suggestion or proposal as to the best course of action, especially one put forward by an authoritative body.
The Task Cont.
In addition to your video and survey results, you are required to use at least 8 sources of information and use Kaplan Harvard Referencing Style.
Wikipedia and other ‘popular’ sites are not to be used.
These may include government publications, industry reports, and journal articles.
These references should be presented as in-text citations and a reference list at the end of your written analysis (not included in the word count).