For this assignment, students are to choose a topic related to one of the module themes read & discussed this semester (the general nature of philosophy, epistemology and sources of knowledge, social and political philosophy, religion & God, or ethics, morality, etc.). Their topic should be within the parameters of the module, and should be something that requires an interdisciplinary approach–meaning that two or more disciplines have a perspective on the topic, and those two perspectives need to be integrated. Students will choose their topic of interest and present a research paper integrating those disciplinary insights to glean greater understanding on said topic.
This paper is to be 3-5 pages. This is a SHORT paper, which means your topic needs to be specific. The topic should be a question, i.e., Are agnostics influencing political elections?–this question specifically focuses on agnostics and will include an integrated insights from religion, political science, and even sociology. DO NOT USE THIS EXAMPLE, it is just to help you think about how you want to approach this paper. Do a topic you are interested in and have some basic foundational information on, already. The paper is to be in APA format, with in-text citations and at least 5 references, one can be the course textbook. Use QUESTIA in Mindtap to assist you finding related, supportive references/articles. The format of the integrated paper should be as follows:
- Title page (no need for an abstract).
- Introduction (introduce the topic question and include the two disciplines to present perspectives on the topic).
- Disciplinary perspective 1 (include background, definition and oversight of the discipline and then how the discipline presents, views, addresses the topic)–at least two sources
- Disciplinary perspective 2 (include background, definition and oversight of the discipline and then how the discipline presents, views, addresses the topic)–at least two sources
- INTEGRATED ANALYSIS of topic, strategically synthesizing the perspectives to be able to answer the question
- ANALYTICAL conclusion–answer the question, within the context of how this topic/idea influences our society.
- REFERENCE page
This paper should be proofread for grammatical, spelling, and content errors. Ensure clarity of thought by reading your paper BEFORE submitting. SUBMIT this paper on BLACKBOARD. Refer to the Integrative Learning Value Rubric (on syllabus).