Infectious Disease Paper Guidelines (5%)
The purpose of this Infectious Disease paper is for you to utilize the knowledge you gained throughout this course and apply it as you research a specific microbial organism and the disease(s) it can cause. You will organize your research in a written, comprehensive report. Try not to exceed 2-3 pages (not including title, images and reference pages).
Choose a microbial disease that interests you from the list provided. If there is an infectious disease not listed that you would like to research, you may request that disease. I will confirm your choice.
Please organize your report according to the guidelines below:
Title Page (1 points)
• Cover page with name of Infectious Disease, Name of organism using scientific notation, Your name and the Date.
Include the following academic integrity promise on the cover page (your paper will also be checked for plagiarism using TurnItIn) :
Introduction of the disease (15 points)
• Description of the disease
• Causative agent/reservoir/vector
• Mode of transmission
• History of the disease
Symptoms (10 points)
• Describe symptoms and signs of the disease
• Describe any diagnostic tests that are used
• Describe any differential diagnoses (with what other diseases is it commonly confused with, how can you tell the difference between this disease and others? etc)
Treatments (10 points)
• Describe at least two most common treatments doctors are using to fight this disease
• Describe length of time it takes for the treatment and recovery and any side-effects of treatments
New development/future medical research direction (5 points)
• Explore in depth at least one new discovery involving your disease (last five years).
• Discuss future research direction/areas, which should be done to help fight this disease.
Disease Topics to Choose From:
Arboviral encephalitis (West Nile)
Ebola virus disease
The post Explore in depth at least one new discovery involving your disease (last five years). Discuss future research direction/areas, which should be done to help fight this disease. appeared first on Essay Hotline.