Regulatory Requirements for Safe Non-Opioid and Opioid Prescribing Paper.
The APRN must be knowledgeable of their state’s regulatory laws as it pertains to prescribing non-scheduled and scheduled medications across the lifespan. (Resource: Link for State Regulation
Review state regulations for APRN prescribers in the state in which you live or the state where you plan to be certified. (I reside in the state of New Jersey)
Review the CDC Interactive Training Series for Healthcare Providers in Module 1 and Module 4
1. Summarize which agency/agencies regulate/oversee APRN prescribing in your state. (NJ)
2. Summarize the educational requirements for prescribing as an APRN.
3. Differentiate the regulations in your current state and state(s) you are considering practicing in or a neighboring state. (NJ is the primary state. You could compare to NY for example)
4. Create an outline of the actions required to prescribe in your identified state. NJ
5. Summarize the Controlled Substances regulations in your state and the process for obtaining your DEA registration. IN NJ
6. Summarize the main concepts for CDC Module 1 and Module 4.
7. Conclude the paper describing your plan for implementing safe prescribing practices as an APRN addressing your state’s regulations and the CDC Opioid guidelines.
The post Differentiate the regulations in your current state and state(s) you are considering practicing in or a neighboring state. appeared first on Essay Hotline.