- Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
- Identify and define the different value and belief systems present across cultures through cultural profiling and self-construal.
2. Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
- Demonstrate your understanding of different cultural frameworks and strategies used in intercultural communication by applying theories to practice in variety of intercultural business interactions.
Several months after beginning sales efforts in China, Anna, a German manager, was discussing her new job challenges with a friend. At first, she had been charmed by the Chinese, especially by the fact that they were so nice. But now she is wondering if they are perhaps too nice. “For example,” Anna said to her friend, “I can never get clear feedback from the Chinese people I supervise. If I ask for their help in solving a problem, they always start by saying, ‘This is just a suggestion, but….’ And if I ask for input during a meeting, they will very rarely make negative statements. Isn’t the idea to get all the pros and cons out on the table so that we can discuss things objectively? I think this politeness is going a little too far! What’s going on?”
Reflective essay use 1st person but relating to frameworks to support your words.
Use ONLY the following frameworks: Edward Hall High and low context, Iceberg framework, Onion layer of Hofstede( only the onion, not all Hofstede), a little bit only as well of Confucianism framework.
First, identify the problems of the case and then discuss them one by one.
1st problem -context culture high vs low context
2nd problem- communication problem
- Where did Anna go wrong? –
- How could you help Anna better understand this cross-cultural problem?
I would explain to Anna that Germany is ….high or low context country vs China that is high or low. High context cultures have these traits….then describe a bit the low context countries…USE THIS AS AN EXAMPLE ON HOW TO APPROACH THE WRITING
- Use intercultural theories to explain it and support your discussion.
- What would be your advice to Anna?
- Compare and contrast different cultural frameworks.
- Demonstrate how these frameworks can be applied to understand different interpersonal interactions in business situations.
- Apply intercultural communication theories to practice in various business situations.
The post Demonstrate how these frameworks can be applied to understand different interpersonal interactions in business situations. Apply intercultural communication theories to practice in various business situations. appeared first on Essay Hotline.