CHCCOM005 Communicate and Work in Health or Community Services Assessment
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
In your own words, answer the following questions. To be marked as competent in this unit, you must provide sufficient responses to each question. Bullet points must only be used where applicable eg: if the question asks you to list, name or give examples.
- How will you refer issues that impact on employee, employer and/or client rights and responsibilities?
- Give examples of workplace documents that relate to your role. How would you clarify an understanding of these documents with your supervisor?
- What organisation communication policies and procedures will you need to follow for using digital media in health care?
- Briefly explain how the following characteristics can effect communication:
- Emotional state
- Who could you seek feedback and advice from on areas for skill and knowledge development?
- Explain how the following digital media could be used in the community services and health sector:
- Social media
- Podcast and videos
- Tablets and applications
- Newsletters and broadcasts
- Explain the principles of effective communication, including models, and types
- Briefly explain the following different models to support optimum client service:
- Principles of rights-based service delivery
- Different roles and responsibilities of team
- Characteristics of multi-disciplinary teams and how they are used
- Role of support services
- Funding environment
- Explain the following communication techniques:
- Open ended questions, affirmations and reflections
- Difference between motivation interviewing and coercive approach
- Difference between collaboration and confrontation
- Briefly explain the following legal and ethical considerations in relation to communication:
- Duty of care
- Mandatory reporting
- Informed consent
- Work role boundaries – responsibilities and limitations
- Child protection across all health and community services contexts, including duty of care when child is not the client, indicators of risk and adult disclosure.
To be marked competent in this unit, students must respond to all points in the project. Answers must be comprehensive, detailed, demonstrate appropriate research procedures and be supported by suitable references.
Project – Case Studies
There has been a miscommunication in regards to the way large mobility equipment is stored. Your co- worker says that equipment is to be stored in the hall, and someone else tells you that it is to be stored in an old lounge room. You would like to document and communicate this procedure more effectively so that there is no more confusion.
- How will you use verbal and non-verbal communication to enhance understanding and demonstrate respect in this situation?
- How will you listen to requests, clarify meaning and respond appropriately?
- Explain how you will listen to, clarify and agree timeframes for carrying out these workplace
- You have found that leaving the mobility equipment in the hallway poses a risk as you have almost tripped over the equipment a few times. Fill out the hazard report form on the last page of this assessment
You are working with a client who mobilises with supervision. You notice that there is a 4-wheeled walker in his room. You talk to a co-worker and they mentioned that the client’s mobility plan had changed, but no one has mentioned this to you.
- It is found that the physiotherapy service has failed to communicate this change to staff. What are the lines of communication between organisation and other services?
- You are required to complete the progress notes in the client’s file. Write out exactly what you would say in the progress notes. Include important requirements, such as time, date, your name and your role in the table below:
- How will you contribute to voicing these types of improvements in work practices? Explain this in a way that promotes and models changes in accordance with organisation
You enter a client’s room without personal protective equipment (PPE). After leaving the room, a co- worker tells you that the client has an infection that requires contact precautions. You noticed that there was no sign to advise you of these precautions.
- Why is it important that you exchange the information in a timely manner?
- You mention this issue to the health care worker that set up the contact precautions room. The health care worker has not taken the issue seriously, saying that everyone should read the clients medical record first. You have been told that appropriate signage is required for contact precaution rooms too. How could this turn into a potentially complicated or difficult situation, and how would you report this?
- After dealing with the matter appropriately, conflict has arisen from the co-worker, saying that you
“dobbed them in.” How will you refer unresolved conflict situations to supervisor?
- How would you resolve using appropriate communication strategies and techniques to avoid, defuse and resolve conflict situations?
- You have found that further training would have prevented this issue from occurring. How will you consult your manager and initiate action in regards to some options for accessing skill development opportunities?
Do you need CHCCOM005 Communicate and Work in Health or Community Services Assessment Answers? We provide Australian Assignment Help at a reasonable price. Our teams of eminent writers are capable of delivering Case Study Assignment Help to students. You can avail our Free Assignment Samples with academic assistance. We guarantee 100% success to students with assured high grades.
For REF… Use: #getanswers2002128
The post CHCCOM005 Communicate and Work in Health or Community Services Assessment Help appeared first on Assignment Help Australia Site.