1) A working thesis for your Mod 9 paper due 4/14. This will go beyond the general assigned topic (ex. immigration) to explain in a sentence or two the precise subtopic your paper is working towards. https://libguides.uta.edu/literarycriticism/thesis
2) The title(s) of the article(s) you are going to use, listed in MLA Works Cited format. These are all “Articles or Chapters in an Edited Book”
Research Guides: MLA 8 Citation Guide: Article or Chapter in an Edited BookResearch Guides: MLA 8 Citation Guide: Article or Chapter in an Edited Book
3) Three quotes from the play Hamilton you will use to support your ideas, cited in MLA parenthetical citation. These text quotes should not be from the intro or other articles in the text, though you can use add them in addition to the three from the play). Citations look like this (Miranda 16). Focus on quotes from the play itself.
Quotes from the included articles and sidebars to the play in the book are acceptable in the paper, but those will be cited differently. It needs to be clear to what you are referring. Articles will get citation as “Articles or Chapters in an Edited Book” shown above. Since you may have more than one text by Miranda, your parenthetical citations to match these WC entries will look more like this (Miranda “First Title Word or Words” 65). or (Miranda Hamilton 67).
4) Three short quotes from the provided research that you will use to support your ideas, cited in MLA parenthetical citation. It looks like this (Stephens 155) or (Hawhorne 34).
– “In writing Hamilton, Miranda understood the way in which our Founders celebrated, and did not demonize, immigration. In the song “The Schuyler Sisters,” Angelica Schuyler—Hamilton’s admirer—takes pride in “reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine.”17 Interspersed in this famous 1776 pamphlet encouraging the colonists to fight for independence were various moral and political observations.18 Paine tellingly reflected: “This new World hath been the asylum for the persecuted lovers of civil and religious liberty from every part of Europe.”19 That America is a nation of immigrants was a recognition also shared by Hamilton characters Thomas Jefferson and James Madison during their lifetimes. Jefferson once famously advocated for “a right which nature has given to all men, of departing from the country in which chance, not choice, has placed them.”20 And Madison echoed these sentiments, defending immigration on the grounds that it is “always from places where living is more difficult to places where it is less difficult,” so “the happiness of the emigrant is promoted by the change.” (Neal Katyal)
– “it is not an exaggeration to say that Miranda’s work helps pave the way toward reconceptualizing (or restoring) our political system and reminding us of the dignity and promise of America at its best.”
These two quotes above are parts of research i thought could be included.
I included part of my introduction that I have already started. Please reach out to me with any additional questions orinformation needed via Batmaz1900@hotmail.com
The post 1) A working thesis for your Mod 9 paper due 4/14. This will go beyond the gene appeared first on Skilled Papers.